This English version of policies for protection of personal information is prepared for reference purpose only. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the Japanese and English versions, the Japanese version shall prevail.
LEGOLAND Japan Limited (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") will handle personal information the Company receives in the course of sale of online-tickets and goods of LEGOLAND® Japan (hereinafter referred to as "LEGOLAND") and transmission of newsletters concerning LEGOLAND and other personal information the Company receives in operation of business concerning LEGOLAND as stated below.
1. Protection of Personal Information
The Company considers that it is our material responsibility to properly protect personal information of customers (information enabling the identification of customers).
The Company will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and various guidelines concerning the protection of personal information as established by governments, continuingly review and improve these Polices for Protection of Personal Information and cause our officers and employees to comply with these policies.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use personal information the Company has received from customers for the purposes set forth below. When using personal information of customers for any other purpose, the Company will notify the customers concerned and obtain their approvals thereof.
(1) Sale and provision of tickets and goods the Company handles (including the reception of applications, settlement of prices, issue of order No. and delivery of tickets), response to inquiries by customers, our inquiries to customers, provision of after-sale services and transaction of other affairs necessary for our business operation;
(2) Personal identification necessary for operation of LEGOLAND and response to reference based on laws and regulations;
(3) Provision of information to customers by newsletters;
(4) Provision of information concerning our services by e-mail, mail, telephone or other means;
(5) Management and maintenance of the recipients data base;
(6) Implementation of various surveys for the improvement, development and provision of our services; implementation of campaigns (provisions of advertisement goods), lottery therefor, sending of prizes to winners and other campaign-related matters;
(7) Analysis of use of our services by customers, and development of new services and improvement of existing services through such analysis;
(8) Preparation of statistical data for our marketing activities and marketing analysis in use of such data;
(9) Customer support relating to our services (including response to inquiries);
(10) Use and recording of information of access (by Internet, mobile site, telephone, etc.) for operation and management of our system and response to inquiries; and
(11) Other use for provision of our services as accompanying any of the foregoing.
3. Joint Use
The Company will jointly use the following personal information, with the following entities and for the following purposes:
(1) Personal information to be jointly used:
All personal information the Company has received, content of inquiries by customers, etc.
(2) Purposes of joint use:
Purposes set forth in the preceding Article
(3) Joint users:
Merlin Entertainments plc which is the holding company of our group, and domestic and foreign companies belonging to the Merlin Entertainments Group specified in a website (www.merlinentertainments.biz)
(4) Managing company for joint use
LEGOLAND Japan Limited
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not provide any personal information received from customers to third parties except the following cases:
(1) case where a customer concerned approves the provision;
(2) case where the Company entrusts the handling of personal information of customers to our business consignees or business partners fulfilling our requirements for handing of personal information, within the scope necessary for achievement of the purpose of use notified the customers of;
(3) case of provision based on an applicable law or regulations;
(4) case where statistical data, etc. are disclosed or provided in the status that identification of specific persons cannot be made;
(5) case of provision necessary for protection of any person’s life, health, property, right, etc., for which the obtainment of approval thereof by customers concerned is difficult;
(6) case of provision necessary for improvement of public health or sound rearing of children, for which the obtainment of approval thereof by customers concerned is difficult; and
(7) case where a national government agency or municipality requests cooperation for performance of any duty prescribed by a law or regulations.
5. Consignment of Handling of Personal Information
In using personal information for purposes of use set forth above, the Company may disclose personal information to our business consigners and business partners within necessary scopes as provided above. In any such case, the Company will endeavor to perform appropriate confirmation concerning the handling of personal information, with such business consigners and business partners, including execution of relevant agreements.
6. Measures for Safety Management of Personal Information
The Company will take reasonable measures for safety of information in order to prevent the wrongful access to and loss, destruction, alteration and leakage of personal information and, if there occurs any of them, take necessary measures for correction. However, please understand that there exists no absolute means for prevention of wrongful access.
7. Manner of Request for Correction, Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information
If the Company receives from a person a request for confirmation, correction or deletion of or addition to registration, suspension of use, suspension of provision to third parties, etc. of personal information of a customer the Company possess and manage (hereinafter referred to as "Request for Confirmation, Etc."), the Company will, after identifying the person having made the request as the customer concerned, make necessary response to a reasonable extent. For the contact for Request for Confirmation, Etc., please refer to Article 10 "Contact for Inquiry" below.
However, please understand that, as the result of deletion or suspension of use referred to above, it may become impossible to provide services as desired by the customer concerned, and Personal Information inevitably needed for our business operation cannot be deleted.
For a customer to make an inquiry concerning his or her personal information the Company possess, please call the Contact for Inquiries specified in Article 10 below. There is the possibility that the Company will not respond to any Request for Confirmation, Etc. made in any other manner.
If the Company receives a Request for Confirmation, Etc., the Company will, after identifying the person having made the request as the customer concerned (or his or her agent), answer in writing or in any other appropriate manner as the Company will explain when receiving the request. Depending on the content of a request, the Company may request the submission of a written application in a form prescribed by the Company.
One request needs the payment of a fee of five hundred yen (JPY500).
Please mail application documents and a 500 yen stamp together.
8. Use of Cookie and Customer’s Access Log
Cookie means a segment of data sent from a web server to the web browser of each user. Each user may select whether or not to accept Cookie and delete Cookie once accepted, with his or her web browser.
The Company uses Cookie mainly in terms of the access log in order to provide better services to customers.
Information recorded in the access log such as domain names, used browsers and dates and times of access will be used for the maintenance and management of the website, statistical analysis of statuses of use and solution of problems, not used for acquisition of personal information of customers.
The Company uses the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology at the time of inputting of material information such as credit card Nos. in order to prevent the interference with and interception and alteration of such information.
LEGOLAND Japan Limited
2-2-1, Kinjofuto, Minato-ku, Nagoya-shi, Japan, 455-8605
9:00 am – 5:30 pm Weekdays
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Weekends and holidays
Without break time
7 days a week, every day of the year
The Company may from time to time revise these policies in order to ensure the protection of personal information of customers, etc. and appropriately respond to modification of applicable laws, regulations, etc.
Established on April 20, 2016
Revised on November 11, 2016
LEGOLAND Japan Limited
Representative Director, Torben Jensen